Saturday, January 27, 2007



I haven't kept up with all the news blips this week, so I didn't know Microsoft was rolling out a Bill Gates Edition (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/bill-gates-to-autograph-limited-edition-of-windows-vista-230615.php) of Windows Vista (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista) (Ultimate, of course) until I saw it in this week's Best Buy circular. To clarify my response: WTF?!?

After the shock wore off, I checked it out online, and apparently it just has Bill's signature printed on the front of the box. The hype is that he did actually sign the boxes, but c'mon, you think the richest man in the world signed 20,000 boxes? The edition costs $10 more than the standard Ultimate upgrade, which adds up to $200,000. Hardly pocket change for Bill the Billionaire. Sorry, but I'm assuming it's $10 more for a printed signature, not a handwritten one. Not tough to guess how I feel about that, though I hope they at least used a Tablet PC to capture his signature.



CateGoogles: Tablet_PC
general_tech
Mood = skeptical

Labels: ,

WTF is Vista Ultimate Bill Gates Edition?


2 Comments:

  1. I, uh o_o...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2007 02:11:00 PM
     

  2. Mine showed up today. For $10 more than the regular I couldn't resist.

    It looks like 25000 instead of 20000 that was originally reported.

    By Blogger Fred Beiderbecke, at 1/30/2007 01:41:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive