Monday, December 03, 2007



Warning! This post will make me look like an ass unless you have read the previous post. Please read that one before calling me an insensitive jerk. (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2007/12/well-wishes-to-marc-orchant.html)

Marc Orchant, one of the most respected members of the Tablet PC community, railed against Facebook in two powerful blog posts at Blognation (http://us.blognation.com/2007/12/01/im-ready-to-bail-on-facebook-the-new-face-of-evil/) USA (http://us.blognation.com/2007/12/01/hey-facebook-buh-bye/). Following those entries was this frightening headline:
Marc Orchant suffers massive coronary (http://us.blognation.com/2007/12/03/marc-orchant-suffers-massive-coronary/)
Unbelievable but true -- Facebook struck down Marc Orchant. I knew from Marc's entries that Facebook was intrusive, but to actually intrude on his health for quitting their network? Unbelievable.

Some might say I'm being paranoid and Facebook is not to blame. Well, forget you Facebook lackey! Marc's in trouble, and I blame his most recent nemesis. Thus, I'm not just quitting Facebook -- I'm retroactively quitting. Not only am I off Facebook, but I've erased every trace I was ever on it. It's as if I was ever even a member. Suck on that FB!

But seriously, I hope Marc is up and around and able to question the timing of these events soon. I'm sure there's no causality, but man, is it creepy.



CateGoogles: Tablet_PC
friends_n_family
Mood = concerned

Labels:

Holy S---! Don't quit Facebook!


2 Comments:

  1. I gotta tell you, Sumo, I know you were shooting for ironic and humor, etc, but that was uncalled for and crossed the line.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2007 08:55:00 AM
     

  2. Rob, I appreciate your honesty, and I am sincerely sorry you feel that way. But as I stated in my previous entry, I'm sending my support to Marc in a way that is, yes, non-traditional and seemingly inappropriate but hopefully in keeping with our limited dynamic. I don't know if Marc will appreciate it, but even if he does not I am hopeful he will be able to let me know soon.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 12/04/2007 07:07:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive