Tuesday, July 17, 2007



As much as I despise Vice President Cheney (http://www.cafepress.com/burnbush/339462), I do find him quote-worthy, particularly when referring to Verizon. Since dropping their phone service, in part because they stopped sending us bills, we'd been a DSL-only customer. Speed sucked but you get what you pay for. I had every intention of keeping Verizon DSL at our new place, but after getting bounced through three reps, it was determined that they did not provide service in our neighborhood.

I should specify that our neighborhood is in Reston, Virginia, the tech company center of the second wealthiest county in the nation. I'm not living out in Hicksville (no offense to you hicks). I live five minutes from offices belonging to Oracle, Unisys, and Microsoft, But I guess the influence of nearby headquartered Sprint and AOL kept Verizon from planting DSL hubs everywhere.

Well, whatever. I don't like Verizon anyway, so if they can't sell me DSL, that's their loss... or so I thought. You see, even though I'd been a DSL customer for more than a year and they're the ones who can't provide me with service anymore, they're still sticking me with a $75 "early" termination fee.

First, don't insult me by calling this fee "early". I stuck with your slow-ass service past the first-year rate hike and the no-phone rate hike, so I'm well past paying back your modem subsidy or any of that crap. You rolled my contract over into a new year, effectively limiting my no-fee termination options to once a year, so stop calling it "early" when it's really a "most of the time" termination fee.

Second, you're charging me money because your coverage sucks? Who does that? Oh wait, you do, with your roaming fees on mobile phone customers. I guess I'm in the same boat. I "roamed" outside your grid, so now I have to pay a fee. Only difference is roaming phone users are paying for service, while I'm paying to stop using your service.

Well Verizon, as much as I hate paying money for nothing, I must admit, finally being rid of you makes the fee almost worthwhile.



CateGoogles: waste_of_time
Mood = outraged

Labels:

Dear Verizon: Go F--- Yourself!


3 Comments:

  1. I'm not a big Verizon fan either, nor Comcast.

    Why should you have to pay a fee, when they are the ones who can't provide service. Makes no sense.

    Are you going to pay it? Or Fight it?

    Who are you going to go with?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/17/2007 11:55:00 PM
     

  2. I already argued my point with them to no avail. Dragging it out any further would no doubt cost more than paying the fee.

    Decided to switch to Comcast if for no other reason than they already provide our cable. Looking forward to being pissed at than too.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/18/2007 06:43:00 AM
     

  3. Well, took a couple of months, but I am now pissed at Comcast too. Hooray for my powers of prophecy.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 9/27/2007 01:06:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive