Friday, July 06, 2007



One of my grand ideas for a new home was the notion of supplementing my power usage with solar energy (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2007/02/looking-forward-to-green-energy.html). While that's still a long-term goal, it does not look feasible for our townhome. The ironic reason is that the house gets too much shade from surrounding trees.

Our morning light is filtered through a stand of tall trees and blocked in the late morning by a tree in the adjacent yard. Afternoon sun is blocked by a huge tree in our front yard. I could still harness the noon sun and I'll get more light in winter, but that won't win any cost-effectiveness awards.

I'll keep an eye out for viable solar energy options, but for now, I think we'll be content with relying on the shade of natural green to help offset the cost of cooling.



CateGoogles: aimless_musing
Mood = pleasant

Labels:

Too Green for Green Power


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    Archive