Thursday, June 28, 2007



Despite my non-stop blogging (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/search?q=iphone) on the topic, I would like to remind everyone that I will NOT be among the droves lining up for an iPhone this weekend. The device fits my needs, but I don't have $500 to waste on a luxury and I certainly don't want to drop my service provider Working Assets Wireless (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/08/working-assets-wireless.html) for one of the big evil guys. That may change, but for now I'm going to resist the call of the only phone I actually look forward to owning.

The same can't be said for Josh Bancroft (http://www.tinyscreenfuls.com/2007/06/i-changed-my-mind-i-am-getting-an-iphone/), who in a surprising (or perhaps, unsurprising) turnaround, announced he would be aiming to pick up an iPhone this weekend, despite dire predictions that the launch could be a "disaster of epic proportions" (http://www.tinyscreenfuls.com/2007/06/the-iphone-launch-is-going-to-be-a-disaster-of-epic-proportions/)! :p (or perhaps he intends to make it a disaster with stink bombs and silly string.)

Good luck to him and anyone else aiming to get their hands on an iPhone this weekend. Me, I'll be moving into my new townhouse.



CateGoogles: mobile_tech
Mood = silly

Labels:

iPhone: Josh will, I won't


6 Comments:

  1. Damn straight, dude. I mean, initial reviews of the damn thing are less than stellar. Apparently, it takes 6 steps to even get to dialing a damn number. I mean, what the hell. Why is a decidedly crappy product going to be so successful? WHY :( why ._.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/28/2007 06:48:00 PM
     

  2. I will not, either. I like the profusion of third-party applications available for Windows Mobile. Even if I wanted the thing, I'm a mostly happy Sprint customer, and there is the matter of my Exchange account at work. It doesn't mean I won't hold my boss' iPhone in my hands and take a good, long look, though.

    By Blogger MiniMage, at 6/28/2007 10:48:00 PM
     

  3. Congrats Sumocat on your new home! Will you be taking any pictures, or videos?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/29/2007 03:19:00 PM
     

  4. I'll definitely post some photos soon and maybe a video after we settle in and my computer system is set up.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/02/2007 09:16:00 AM
     

  5. Hmm...

    iphone is not bad at all. My brothers and I are all using the phone. It is a good product both in terms of phone and entertainment. But in terms of works, I still prefer the Windows Mobile for note taking. Beside that I prefer iphone. Sumocat the iphone is really nice and let's put all the philosophies and politics behind.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/02/2007 11:06:00 AM
     

  6. I agree it is a good product. In fact, I stated plainly that it fits my needs and I look forward to owning it, but I won't be getting it this weekend (which is now last weekend). However, the device is only part of the purchase; phone and data service is a requirement, and I'm not willing to drop my responsible service provider for one of the big evils.

    Quite frankly, AT&T's decision to enforce a two-year commitment only reinforces my view of them. They aren't subsidizing the iPhone and they have the entire user based locked for five years. None of their usual reasons for requiring a two-year commitment apply, but they're still doing it. Give me a reasonable explanation of that and I'll revise my opinion of the company.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/02/2007 11:44:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive