Thursday, July 19, 2007



Reverend Michael Penman (http://thehallelreport.blogspot.com/2007/07/showhide-text-ok-so-i-believe-my-first.html) has a blog called The Hallel Report (http://thehallelreport.blogspot.com/2007/07/showhide-text-ok-so-i-believe-my-first.html) where he's spilled some ink using Build 52 (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/07/build-52-is-go.html)... sort of.

He still needs to add the requisite code to his blog template to make the Links in Ink work, but he's posted a couple of inked entries. Needs to tweak his template to fit the width of his entries too. But the interest in ink is there, so go check it out. And thanks to Warner at GottaBeMobile.com (http://www.gottabemobile.com/CongratsToSumocatOn2YearsOfInkBlogging.aspx) for pointing him to me and Build 52 (which BTW is in serious need of updating - remind me to get on that).



CateGoogles: Build 52
Ink Blogging
Mood = excited

Labels: ,

Build 52 claims its second victim


3 Comments:

  1. Please remember to update Build 52 :D

    By Blogger MiniMage, at 7/20/2007 12:12:00 AM
     

  2. I am so glad that you came by my site and left a comment. But it was kind of like you came by when I wasn't home. I have been in the process of redesigning my site, inspired by you of course(your site design is to kill for, you are the man). So, when you came by, I was working more on the design of the layout, I was not working on the posts and dimensions of the site yet, nor had I put the prereqs back in. I am about 80% complete with the redesign now, and have put the prereqs back in and set the correct dimensions so everything fits nice and neat. But check this out, the ink links are not as responsive in ie as they are in firefox, you kind of have to wiggle the mousepoint around to get them to render in ie7, do you know why this might be the case? Also I want to write out all my links to other websites in ink (yours included of course) and paste the html in the sidebar as a page element, this is obviously going to be more than 9 hyperlinks, have any suggestions about how to do that? I will probably just string together a bunch of ink images 9 links at a time. It will be kind of time consuming though, I got alot of links to other sites I like. Anyway, great little app that build 52, it turns out Hugh Sung's method doesn't work for me at all, I can't get the links to turn on, don't know what I am doing wrong. Lastly, how in the world did you find me? My email is makmak@emailtreo.com, I would love to hear your response to my queries and reflections, or just leave a comment on the site. Shalom

    By Blogger Makalani, at 7/23/2007 04:39:00 PM
     

  3. Michael, sorry for stopping by while you were out (I occasionally Google my name for shout-outs). I will post a re-do about your fully armed and operational site. BTW, I love your mixed media entries. I need to get cracking with more videos - haven't posted any since my trip.

    Regarding the quirks in Build 52, the system is in serious need of update. I updated my personal version, but since no one was using it, I did not update the common version of Build 52. But since you're here, I'll get cracking on that. I can revise my version pretty easily, but it'll take a bit more work to intelligently overcome the 9 hyperlink limit. I'll email you after I get something functional.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/24/2007 12:23:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive