Thursday, November 30, 2006



In setting up my new Toshiba R25 (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/11/sss-about-new-tablet-pc.html), I thought I'd be in for a fight when it comes to cleaning out the CRAPWARE (http://wickedstageact2.typepad.com/life_on_the_wicked_stage_/2005/07/crapware_spamwa.html). Turned out it wasn't that bad.

Of all the pre-installed stuff I took out, I'd refer to only two of them as CRAPWARE: WildTangent and, of course, AOL. This might be because I bought it (slightly) used with a fresh install from recovery disks, but my understanding is the RD's also reload the crapware. Regardless, I'm pretty pleased there were only a couple of critical pieces of crap.

Other programs I took out were Franklin Covey Planner and McAfee Security Center, which are certainly useful, but not what I use. Also, I took out the Microsoft Office trial because I have my own licensed copy. I didn't time it, but if it took more than 10 minutes to uninstall everything, I didn't notice. (Core 2 Duo might have sped that up.)



CateGoogles: Tablet_PC
Mood = bemused

Toshiba R25 CRAPWARE Free in 10 minutes


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    Archive