Tuesday, November 28, 2006



Continued from SSS: Who is Sumocat? (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/11/sss-who-is-sumocat.html)

"I strive to be original, but I am never more than unique." As a thinker, that is how I would describe myself. Without question, I have cultivated my share of unique ideas. However, I am keenly aware they are derived in some way from other sources. The results may be unique but the sources are derivative.

Some would argue that all ideas are derivative because they must spring from some form of inspiration, be it an apple falling on one's head or the twinkle of starlight in the sky, so it is necessary to view originality on a scaled basis. Perhaps so. But I yearn not to be more original but truly original. I desire that moment of purest inspiration when an idea springs forth from absolutely nothing.

Perhaps it is a goal not attainable by mortals. Perhaps it can only be touched by joining the nothingness. Regardless, I push on, chasing a goal I may never reach, by shaping outside thoughts into new ideas.




Mood = pleasant

SSS: Who is Sumocat? Part 2


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    Archive