Thursday, July 19, 2007



Lot of folks (http://tinyurl.com/328yjp) are speculating (http://tinyurl.com/3ashma) that Apple will roll out a lower-priced version of the iPhone. I think they are correct, and about seven months behind me....

[Is it too expensive for that market? Well, it's certainly not cheap, but assuming Apple is sticking with the iPod business model, the lower-end models will come later. Make the big splash with the high-end stuff, roll out the more affordable stuff over time. Remember, most iPods are Nanos and Shuffles, not the HD models. The other phone makers should see this as the opening salvo, not the ongoing barrage.] -- January 11, 2007 - Haloscan comment (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2007/01/apple-officially-kicks-everyones-ass.html)

Yep, I called an "iPhone Nano" back in January. I predict it's not a matter of "if" but "when" (and I'm calling at least a year on that).



CateGoogles: mobile_tech
Mood = skeptical

Labels:

iPhone Nano? Here's my prediction.


6 Comments:

  1. I'm waiting for the iPhone shuffle. You can only put part of your contacts in it and it will randomly call one of them when you need to make your call.

    By Blogger Fred Beiderbecke, at 7/20/2007 07:59:00 AM
     

  2. Awesome. :)

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/20/2007 08:41:00 AM
     

  3. you called it but the problem is, I really like the design of the iPhone. I wouldn't want it any smaller, just cheaper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2007 09:20:00 AM
     

  4. I wouldn't worry much about that. Bringing the price down will be the more important goal and I don't see how they could do that and also significantly reduce the dimensions. Miniaturization costs money, and those phone chips require a certain amount of space. I suspect we'll see little if any size difference.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/20/2007 11:05:00 AM
     

  5. I hope so Sumocat. Are you still going to be doing those photos, or a video?

    I would love to see the new house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2007 01:36:00 PM
     

  6. Photos are in process, but the wife would prefer I wait until we are more settled (i.e., mess is all cleaned up). I might be get some exterior shots up this weekend.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 7/20/2007 04:54:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive