Friday, April 13, 2007



"We embrace the art of blogging in our own handwriting as a personalized form of expression unhindered by prosaic fonts and fixed keyboards. We present this code of conduct in hopes it will encourage others to embrace the virtues of truly personal expression and open conversation.

1. Our words our hands: We are responsible for our own words for they are written by our own hands. We cannot hide behind the anonymity of text.

2. We will write whatever we please: Handwriting is as personal as speech and even more thoughtful.

3. We respond as we deem fit: As our blog commenting systems are rarely our own to program, we are free to respond to comments in rigid text or in freshly inked entries.

4. We must be benevolent to the inkless masses: Those who cannot put pen to screen deserve our compassion. Those who do not understand it deserve education. Those who choose to remain ignorant deserve ignorance.

5. We do not respect anonymous comments: Comments left without identity are words without life. They may sit to encourage new life or be excised to prevent further decay.

6. We laugh at the trolls: Never encourage them. Feel free to ignore them. But if you have the time, go ahead and mock them. They're stupid and lazy, so it's easy to make fun of them, so long as it's fun for you.

7. We draw our own badges: [see image]



CateGoogles: Ink Blogging
aimless_musing
Mood = silly

Labels: ,

Ink Blogger's Code of Conduct


5 Comments:

  1. Love the star badge. Great rules. Does anonymous comments count as anonymous if they leave their name at the end of the comment?

    By Blogger Reading Wolf, at 4/14/2007 01:26:00 AM
     

  2. Is that a crack at me since I leave anonymous comments on your blog because I don't have a LiveJournal account and just leave my name? Seems like subtle pressure to get me to sign-up. :P

    But seriously, I think anonymous is a subjective term. For me, the intent is the key determinant. For example, many of Timbo's comments would be technically considered anonymous, but it's not because he's trying to hide. He comments frequently. I recognize the name. Not anonymous to me.

    By contrast, my occasional anonymous troll clearly hides his ID, so he gets the double whammy of disrespect and mockery. What's ironic is that his anonymity frees me to unload, whereas I'd be civil to someone with a face.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 4/14/2007 09:19:00 AM
     

  3. Regarding signing up for blogging services you don't use just to comment... why not try openid?

    http://openid.net/about.bml

    I don't know the complete list of blog sites that allow this, but I do know livejournal is one of them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/14/2007 03:03:00 PM
     

  4. I hereby and heretofore declare my absolute and unswerving intention to abide by the code as set forth by the InkPapa (even if part of my last phone call to my mother was spent explaining exactly what aforementioned InkPapa meant by my being "outed").

    By Blogger MiniMage, at 4/15/2007 05:04:00 PM
     

  5. I knew the John Jones reference was too obscure. :)

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 4/15/2007 06:21:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive