Monday, March 26, 2007



You may have noticed I rolled out a new blog template on Sunday. It's been about six months since the last major revision (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/08/minimalist-template-redesign.html), so I figured it was due. Also, I've been using black and red as the theme colors on my tablet, using the Zune theme as well as other tweaks. Figured it was past time my blog reflected this.

Actually, I'd been contemplating a similar look for a while, but Internet Explorer did not support the transparent elements until version 7. Probably looks pretty bad in IE6 or older. If that's what you're using, please upgrade to 7 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx), or better yet, switch to Firefox (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/search?q=firefox), which also better handles my Links in Ink (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/search?q=%22links+in+ink%22).



CateGoogles: Creating the Blog
Mood = pleasant

Labels:

Yet Another New Blog Template


4 Comments:

  1. Dear Sumocat

    Your blog is genious but I have question for what other things you use tablet PC for? Your insights will help!

    Many thanks
    Willy

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/27/2007 07:56:00 PM
     

  2. I use my Tablet PC for everything. It is powerful enough to comfortably act as a desktop replacement. The videos from my recent trip (posted on the blog) were all processed on it.

    At work, I use it for note-taking and as a secondary system. I work with a lot of documents and the extra screen space is a comfort. Also serves as my music source.

    Everywhere else, it does whatever I need it to do. Been using it to map out our home-buying routes using Google Earth, as well as my notepad during the walkthroughs. It's my whiteboard when tutoring math. I think I hit the right mix of power and mobility with the Toshiba R25. Handles all my needs, wherever I go, quite well.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 3/27/2007 09:07:00 PM
     

  3. Now THIS is a sexy blog. Well done. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2007 09:34:00 PM
     

  4. Yeah, amazing what a graphic header and couple of background images can do. Finally realized the militantly minimalist look was a bit too, what's the word, boring. Still like the single column though. Think I did hit a good balance between jazzing up the site without distracting from the ink.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 3/31/2007 02:01:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive