Friday, March 30, 2007



I've been pushing the theory that inking on tablets will see real movement in Asia, including India, because of the use of character-based languages. Well, I may have fulfilled my own prophecy by inspiring the "first 'Hindi Ink Blog post'"! (http://nuktachini.debashish.com/214)

[HINDI IN INK! (http://nuktachini.debashish.com/214) Check out the images!]

Actually, I don't know if I really kicked it off. After all, I can't read the language, but I don't see a screen grab of anyone else's blog. What's really exciting are all the comments and links to other blogs spreading the idea forward. Might be hard since I can't read the language, but I'm going to try to follow it and see how far it goes.



CateGoogles: Ink Blogging
Mood = excited

Labels: ,

Inking in Hindi


5 Comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks so much for mentioning Hindi Ink blogging. Well I do not really recall the first inkblog that I ever noticed, that was quite long back before I wrote this post. Nevertheless, yours is certainly the most professional and technically sophisticated ink blog (probably reason why I chose your blog’s screen grab), may be because you don't use scanned images or photos of handwritten pages.

    I am not sure if Tablet PC supports international characters, one of the US based readers of the post commented at my blog that he would try that soon; you rightly noted that Asian languages are much difficult to write this way. However, I hope it picks up; I will try to create a group blog atleast where people post only in ink so that the art takes shape.

    Thanks & best wishes,

    Debashish

    By Blogger debashish, at 4/02/2007 02:30:00 AM
     

  2. Hey Debashish, thanks for stopping by to clear up the language gap. I'd assumed you'd seen handwritten blogs before, though not necessarily inked on a Tablet PC. I'm not the first, but as you point out, I am pushing the envelope of the medium, and I'm glad that's you chose my blog for the grab.

    The Tablet PC recognition engine for the U.S. does support other languages, primarily European. It is my hope though, as the Asian markets grow, that Microsoft will roll out more Asian languages. Even with my limited background in Japanese, I know a keyboard is hardly the ideal way to input characters that are meant to be drawn.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 4/02/2007 07:06:00 AM
     

  3. Hi Sumocat

    I am in the process of putting up a blog. And as a complete tablet pc fan, I would absolutely want to ink blog from the word go. I remember reading your "how to" about ink blogging...but cant seem to find it now. Is it possible for you to share this again or point me towards the right direction? Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/09/2007 01:47:00 PM
     

  4. Hey tmd! I wrote a summary not long back: http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/11/links-in-ink-refresher.html

    This links to all the pertinent places, but you can also find more info though my labels in the top menu. Thanks for stopping by.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 4/09/2007 08:02:00 PM
     

  5. Thanks a lot...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2007 06:59:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive