Friday, November 03, 2006


I initiated my 50-year fish boycott (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2006/04/50-year-fish-boycott.html) in April, my effort to save fish now so I'll have some later. Not sure if this latest report on fish depletion means I started just in time or not soon enough.

['Only 50 years left' for sea fish (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6108414.stm)
By Richard Black
Environment correspondent, BBC News website

There will be virtually nothing left to fish from the seas by the middle of the century if current trends continue, according to a major scientific study.

Stocks have collapsed in nearly one-third of sea fisheries, and the rate of decline is accelerating.]



CateGoogles: aimless_musing
Mood = concerned

Labels:

Started my fish boycott just in time


3 Comments:

  1. I read this too. Damn damn damn. I love sushi, too :(

    Timbo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2006 01:51:00 AM
     

  2. I had some delicious fish this weekend, and will keep eating them. But I am worried about those killer bees I heard about in third grade, circa 1973.
    My point: stop believing the naysayers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/06/2006 07:10:00 PM
     

  3. David, please. If you lived in a poor nation, you'd already be feeling the shortage, as their supply continues to decline in order to maintain the supply of the wealthy... barely. Reconcile that with the crap fish that are on menus today (tilapia was a garbage fish when and where I grew up) and the catches that are continually shrinking in size and number, despite the vastly improved technology being used to find them. Doesn't take a genius to figure out there's a problem.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 11/06/2006 08:44:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive