Monday, October 30, 2006



From a techno-geek perspective, I'm not a cutting edge guy (try telling that to the norms). However, I am seriously considering Core 2 Duo (http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=288) for the processor of my next tablet. Honestly, it's not the power that's attracting me, but the power efficiency. I'm a big believer in energy efficiency (I use a fanless slate) and the heat specs and power management of Core 2 Duo look outstanding. I really look forward to seeing it in Notebooks (Tablet PCs).



CateGoogles: Tablet_PC
mobile_tech
Mood = curious

Core 2 Duo really cool. No, really.


2 Comments:

  1. My desktop died and I had to replace it. I went with a core 2 duo desktop (2.66). It is significantly cooler than my previous machine (P4 3.4). I can notice the difference in the office. If the mobile chips are just as cool, it will be a winner. Oh, and it is a zippy little beast too.

    By Blogger Fred Beiderbecke, at 10/31/2006 08:14:00 AM
     

  2. Thanks for sharing your hands-on experience, Fred. It's one thing to interpret specs, but nothing beats seeing how it works in the real world.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 10/31/2006 08:20:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive