Thursday, October 12, 2006



Speaking of Twenty Good Years (http://www.nbc.com/Twenty_Good_Years/) (assuming you're reading these posts in chronological order), one thing about that show that bothered me was the laugh-track. Parts of the show are shot before an audience. Others are not. But presumably for the sake of consistency, they include audience reaction for all segments, which I found unnecessary.

This got me thinking about the comedies I really enjoy, and it turns out they don't have audience laughter. Currently that list is limited to The office, My Name is Earl, and Scrubs. But many of my recently departed faves were also sans audience. I sort of wish Twenty had gone this way too... Sort of.

Despite all that, I have to admit that you can't put John Lithgow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lithgow) on a show without a live audience. It's like making a speed skater run a foot race; he'll still be fast but hardly top speed. He's a stage-born actor with a character that's way over the top. He needs that audience. I just wish I didn't have to hear them.



CateGoogles: aimless_musing
Mood = tired

Death to the live studio audience


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    Archive