Thursday, November 03, 2005

Of the Sith, that is. Picked up my copy of the DVD on the first. Ripped it to my external hard drive that night. Enjoyed a bit of the Mace Windu/Darth Sidious battle before going to bed. Of all the fight in the movie, this is the one I enjoy the most. Yes, the Anakin/Obi-Wan battle is more spectacular and ferocious, but the Windu/Palpatine fight conveys a sense of patience as the two most powerful warriors in the galaxy measure each other. (And don't give me that "Yoda is stronger" crap. He might have been more powerful in his prime, but at the time Windu was in his prime and Yoda was not.) Their movements were more like two masters determined not to make an error that the other could exploit At the same time, Palpatine held such control that he maintained his manipulative hold on Anakin even as Windu was bearing down on him. Ultimately it ended the way Samuel L. Jackson frequently concludes a role: with a gruesomely memorable death. Our first and last chance to see Mace Windu lock lightsabers with a Sith and, by the way, kick that Sith's ass. Windu rules!

I Have My Revenge!


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    Archive