Sunday, November 11, 2007



Been tinkering with my tablet since restoring it from backup (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2007/11/halloween-hard-drive-failure.html). It's functional but funky-I'm calling it "funky-tional". Of the two processor cores, the first goes into overdrive every now and then, especially when there is extended hard drive activity, like the scans I've been running.

Happens regardless of Internet connection and malware scans have come up empty. Chkdsk and defrag have been successful. If it's a software issue, I can't figure it out.

Despite that, I'm still not 100% convinced it's a hardware issue. There's been no data loss. The drive continues to hum. Everything else runs normally.

Regardless. I'm keeping my eyes open for a new drive, specifically a Hitachi 7K200, 16MB cache, 7200 rpm & 200GB. Might not solve the problem, but more speed and capacity never hurts.



CateGoogles: Tablet_PC
Mood = concerned

Labels:

Tablet is functional but funky


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home




    Archive