Sunday, December 10, 2006



Tried to check out the wifi service at Morning Brew (http://morningbrewhawaii.com/) today. Came up snake eyes with two different services. Could not connect at all to the Brew network. Tried the Kailua Town wifi service via Skywave (https://skywave-as-1.skywavebroadband.net/skywave/hotspots.php). Managed to get my email and surf the web for a bit, but I got cut off every few minutes. Wouldn't work at all to download a podcast. Doubtful I could have uploaded a video from there. Walked around Kailua town to try to get a better signal but to no avail. Will have to stick with T-Mobile for high-speed connectivity.

On the plus side, I documented some tourist hotspots on the way over. I'll post the video on that after I find reliable broadband. Perhaps the great Waikiki wifi cloud will be more fruitful.



CateGoogles: mobile_tech
aimless_musing
Mood = unimpressed

Labels:

Hawaii Ink: Wifi Bust in Kailua (Day 4)


2 Comments:

  1. Mahalo for giving Skywave a try. It would be quite unlikely that you would get a usable signal at Morning Brew. Our transmitter in that area is on top of Hahani Plaza, and you should get a very solid signal in and around Starbucks and Jamba Juice. Also, we have a location at the Kailua Foodland with Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf -- buy a coffee or food and ask for a free 1 hour pass.

    Aloha,
    Josh Beil
    President
    Skywave Broadband

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2006 01:29:00 AM
     

  2. Actually I was doing quite well for the first ten minutes, but then I got more ambitious and ran into trouble. However, as it was not my intent to test your system, I really did not give it a fair review. I will try to give it another shot before I leave.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 12/12/2006 02:18:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive