Thursday, November 16, 2006


What the hell is wrong with these chumps standing in line for days just to hopefully get a Playstation 3 (http://tinyurl.com/w7lzq)? It's not like it's a limited edition of which no more will ever be made. Sony can't churn them out very fast, but they will make more, possibly with corrections for the initial bugs.

Worse than these guys are the tools bidding well above retail price on eBay. For all the complaints of the high price of the PS3, there seems to be no shortage of folks willing to pay extra in time or money to get their hands on one first. Honestly, you can't suffer a few more months of your "slow" PS2 or XBox? Get a life, people.



CateGoogles: culture_or_lack_thereof
general_tech
Mood = unimpressed

PS3 Madness


4 Comments:

  1. I don't think it will be a good indication of PS3's success. In fact, I think PS3 is going to be an ultimate failure for Sony and probably the last console they make.

    They can't survive off the hardcore gamers. Obviously those willing to pay $600 are probably willing to pull a "star wars" wait too. But they're not gonna get the everyday middle class kids with this.

    I think the real winner will be Nintendo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2006 10:15:00 PM
     

  2. Oh yeah, the Wii is a definite winner. For all true raw power of the other two, they can't match the gameplay versatility of the Wii and that remote control wand. If I were to get a console, that'd be it.

    That said, the PS2 still outsells the XBox 360. Hard to imagine the PS3 doing much worse. Might not be enough to save the company though.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 11/16/2006 10:35:00 PM
     

  3. I dunno, I disagree. I personally think the PS3 sucks and I refuse to give Sony money after the Rootkit Debacle. And I don't particularly find the 360 all that engaging. So all that's left is the Wii, and I think it's an excellent machine that offers something new.

    Problem is, the way I see the overall sales stacking up over the next few years, is that you will see:

    1st Place: X-Bawks 360
    2nd Place: PS3 (for fivehundredandninetynineUSdollars fivehundredandninetynineUSdollars fivehundredandninetynineUSdollars)
    3rd Place: The Wii

    This is my thesis.

    Timbo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2006 11:43:00 PM
     

  4. you´re so right! I always wonder why people act like this. You said it: Get a life!

    @ josh: i agree with you regarding Nintendo but i don´t think this is gonna be Sonys last PS

    Check out my Community: My Photo Community

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/24/2006 07:43:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive