Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Oh man, when I heard about this Mark Foley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Foley) scandal, I figured it would take one Rep out of Congress and then blow over. But no! The Republicans have broken ranks in a grand game of "cover your own ass" and I wish them all the best of luck in distancing themselves from each other.

And kudos to Mark Foley for going the extra step by saying he was molested as a boy by a clergyman. It wasn't enough to send your political colleagues scrambling. The religious right, which had been on the offensive, gets some heat thrown their way too.

Foley, even though you (allegedly) offered teenage boys alcohol in hopes of getting in their pants and are a total douchebag, I must admire the way you've screwed the Republicans at a level the Democrats would never have achieved. Credit due also to the Republican leaders who chose to cover-up the exchanges for a year. You could have nipped it in the bud but instead you made it clear you are more interested in keeping up appearances than upholding morality. Keep it up!



CateGoogles: political_silliness
Mood = excited

Republicans on the Attack


4 Comments:

  1. This whole mess pisses me off to no end. How can ANYONE defend the actions of a pedophile. I s'pose the main point is that the fact that the party covered it up points to the notion that our Congress is filled with true sociopathological individuals. I have trouble wrapping my head around this whole thing, but I worry slightly for the future in that regard.

    I'd like to think the Democrats are less pathological, but I don't actually know. I suspect so, though :P

    Timbo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2006 03:17:00 AM
     

  2. To be fair, no proof has been revealed to indicate any of those email and/or IM exchanges came to fruition. Inappropriate though these exchanges are, they are not proof of physical activity, so technically he may not be pedophile.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 10/04/2006 07:12:00 AM
     

  3. Hi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2006 02:43:00 PM
     

  4. Why can't the republicans get their act together and just jizz all over the dress of their partners, instead of jizzing in their pants while in a hot chat. That is where Bill Clinton and the Teddy Kennedy's of the world get my vote. Heck, Kennedy bones em and then throws em over the bridge. Now that's a real man!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2006 08:14:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive