Tuesday, May 23, 2006


[+/-] show/hide text

When Silver dubbed me the "father of ink blogging", at first I was embarrassed and skeptical. Handwritten blogs have been around for a while, so it's not like I really started it. But then I realized I could use the distinction amidst the growing pool of ink bloggers. But then I translated the recent posts on Blogvogel.

It turns out Achim posted his first ink entry in May 2005, while Sumocat's Scribbles started in July 2005. Blogvogel had ink two months before this blog existed! Ah, but here's the rub: this isn't my first blog.

My first ink post was on my vacation blog in April 2005. The message was short and unconverted, but it was inked on my Tablet and paved the way for my all-ink blog. Thus, I retain my claim to paternity.

That said, no doubt early adopters tinkered with posting inked blog entries. I doubt any of them stuck with it since we would have run across such a blog by now. But, not counting product demo screenshots, let's see if we can find the first inked message on the Internet. It'd be fun to add that to the list.

Who's Your Ink Daddy?


3 Comments:

  1. "That said, no doubt early adopters tinkered with posting inked blog entries. I doubt any of them stuck with it since we would have run across such a blog by now."

    That's what I meant when I dubbed you that! ;) Didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable though, sorry about that! It was meant as a compliment, through and through!

    Finding the first inked message though... hmmm that'll be tough!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2006 11:19:00 PM
     

  2. Indeed. A difficult task, especially if all they did was ink, so that there wasn't searchable text...

    For the time being, you're the ink-blogging daddy in my book.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 01:35:00 AM
     

  3. If it was easy, I would have done it already. But don't spend time actively searching. If you run across the white whale, great. If not, it will surface eventually.

    Silver: I did take it as a compliment, but sometimes that false modesty kicks in.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 5/24/2006 08:07:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive