Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Score another victory for gravity. My Scribbler slid less than two feet off my couch, landed on my 802.11g card, and broke the internal connector last night.

Fortunately, I was able to come home early today and get into my tablet to fish out the broken part. And while the connector is hashed, I can replace the cage. The trick will be finding a compatible cage, since I'm not at all familiar with these things.

On the plus side, I found that I have an extra miniPCI slot so I might find something to use there and upgrade the memory while I'm at it.

I also need to apologize to my wife who had to deal with my anger over the incident before I could. I can't sleep off anger; I have to work it through and could not do so until today. Sorry gal. Please forgive me.

Gravity 1, PC Card Slot 0


3 Comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I had a similar breakage with my M200 a long while back. They ended up replacing the entire motherboard.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 03:59:00 PM
     

  2. I'm just commenting to say that I love the inking-blog stuff. I've been mulling over getting a tablet for months, and within the past few weeks I decided I was going to do it. Today I came across your site as well as Inkiness and HughSung.com and think that inking+blog=my kind of people.

    Well done, I'll be keep tabs on this site. Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 05:54:00 PM
     

  3. Warner: Yeah, even though it could have landed on any of the other sides and been fine, I lucked out in that it was only the slot connector. But it looked bad that night, shut down and would not turn on a couple times. And opening it up to find loose parts floating around wasn't much better. Thankfully I was able to get it back in working order and rebound with an optimistic attitude.

    carl: That's great news! If you haven't already chosen your tablet, check out the various sites in my "Tablet PC Links". In particular, Tablet PC Buzz is a top resource for new and interested users. It's highly valuable to weigh your options since tablets are very personal.

    I briefly considered a new tablet when my Scribbler broke, but I did such a fine job of matching this machine to my needs that I honestly do not want another one (despite my love for hybrids and Transformers).

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 5/18/2006 10:29:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive