Friday, April 28, 2006


As Kevin said "an SD card on a carrier pigeon might have been faster" but regardless, he and James did answer my inquiry about a direct and automatic way to catch their podcast on my PPC. And they gave some info about my blog to boot. Thanks guys!

I want to catch podcasts on my iPAQ 1950 directly via wifi and the app I found, Smartfeed, is available in different versions for different devices. Unfortunately I could not figure out which version to use since nothing in my iPAQ data says "ARM", which is the right version. Thanks again to Kevin and James for pointing me in the right direction and for verifying that it legitimately was confusing.

They also point me to FeederReader, which I didn't consider because tray don't state which versions are compatible and their screenshots are not 5.0. However, it appears to be considerably more robust and versatile so I'll give it a try.

Yay! MoTR boys deliver... finally.


2 Comments:

  1. It wasn't about noticeability but searchability. A broad search for a Windows Mobile podcatcher would return your site, but I searched specifically for a 5.0-compatible podcatcher and your site never hit. Between that and the "ARM=X-scale" thing, I got zapped twice by a lack of compatibility info.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 4/29/2006 12:43:00 PM
     

  2. Used Google. Although it's been a few weeks, I'm sure I searched for [ "Windows Mobile 5" podcatcher ]

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 4/29/2006 08:30:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive