Tuesday, September 04, 2007



Lot of people are hoping for a widescreen iPod with wifi at the Apple announcement tomorrow. I say, widescreen, yes; wifi, no. Wireless sync is cool, but has the drawbacks of slow speed and battery drain vs. high speed and battery charging of wired sync. Also, surfing the web on the iPod sounds cool, but that would undercut iPhone sales, not to mention the limit imposed by the lack of ubiquitous wifi. A wifi'd iPod would be cool, but not realistic.



CateGoogles: mobile_tech
Mood = skeptical

Labels:

Short: This week's iPod prediction


2 Comments:

  1. Sumocat,

    I'm just waiting to hear what you have to say about what Apple did. WOW. That's all I have to say. I don't think anybody saw that coming.

    Will you be getting a new iPod, or an iPhone?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2007 05:31:00 PM
     

  2. Well, I was spot-on with my concerns over wifi in iPods, but Apple was ballsier in addressing them than I gave them credit. The iPhone price cut was definitely unexpected.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 9/05/2007 08:38:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive