Tuesday, January 15, 2008



Apple finally added a thin and light option to their notebook line called the Macbook Air (http://www.apple.com/macbookair/). Not a tablet so it holds no appeal to me, but I think it could pick up its share of users. Or it could tank.

I don't know. This one has me torn. It's getting some crap over the battery, single USB port, and fixed specs, but I get by fine with less battery life, lower power, and plug in all my accessories through one USB port via a hub. I really don't see these drawbacks as deal-breakers for most people.

On the other hand, who needs a Macbook that can fit in a standard manila envelope? I'd love to have one just so I can carry it in bubble wrap-padded envelope, but that's not terribly useful. The design is great, but design alone does not lead to success. Need to keep an eye on this one.



CateGoogles: mobile_tech
Mood = curious

Labels:

Macbook Air: Next iMac or next Cube?


3 Comments:

  1. An investor banker once told me one of the greatest asset in America is that the country is exceedingly wealthy and ridiculously rich. In my opinions, even kids can easily swap $3000 dollar with no problem and that small population alone already fuels a significant sale numbers for Apple. I say the functionalities are important but the style of the machine is definitely more appealing to the buyers. What do you think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2008 07:21:00 AM
     

  2. The style is definitely the selling point on this machine. In terms of functionality, I recognize the advantage of thinness in a portable, but I don't think that alone is enough to make it more worthwhile than a standard Macbook.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 1/18/2008 07:41:00 AM
     

  3. Hmm... indeed. Usually buyers will come to realize this after they buy it for a few weeks or so. Once the appeals wear away, they will switch back to their old IMac or standard Macbook. Isn't it how man looks for a woman or vice versa, lol!


    And of course, there is a sucker born every minute. And this time it's my little brother. He will soon regret this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2008 11:19:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive