Saturday, August 19, 2006


[+/-] show/hide text
Ripping off Borrowing some modern design elements I've noticed lately, I did a slight redesign of the template in preparation for the big changes to come.

Moving the link menus to the top frees up horizontal space without expanding the width beyond Tablet PC landscape or UMPC standard resolution. This is useful since I started storing my ink images on my own site and generate HTML in Build 52. Why? Because it totally bypasses Blogger's 400 pixel image limit. Now I can post any size I want, although I'll keep it in the 600 pixel width range.

You'll also notice a new menu item called "CateGoogles". I'll elaborate more later, but basically it's a cheap way to add a form of categorization.

Whipped Up a New Blog Template


2 Comments:

  1. Nicely done, I like the blog this way, better, that whole sidebar just sort of got in the way. By the way, where'd you get the talent for making things like Build 52 and so forth? Studied it, or a sort of innate talent/fascination? If I were to create a blog like this, is it required that I know things like that? :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/20/2006 06:25:00 AM
     

  2. Considering I never took a class in web design, I guess I fall more into the "innate talent/fascination" category. From my perspective, it's still study, just informal; I analyze what I see on the web and, when necessary, re-work it to suit my needs.

    Back in the day, I did pick up a HTML tag guide and a couple of Javascript beginners books. Experimented with several sites over the years (each more atrocious than the last; thank goodness I lean toward clean design now).

    Currently, all my research is through Google. Let's me find any code or tag element I need. And if I need something that doesn't quite exist yet, I do a pretty good job of modifying and mashing what is already out there. The dial controls in Build 52 are a prime example of this.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 8/20/2006 07:50:00 AM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive