Tuesday, May 15, 2007



Aside from not wanting people to bother me at home, I have no problem with Mormons. They seem as enlightened as any other sect of Christian faith. But has anyone else noticed that Mormon and Presidential candidate Mitt Romney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney) comes across as a smooth as silk speaker, except for that odd phrase that shows he's trying too hard?

Earlier, he had that gaffe when describing himself as a "life-long" hunter. He corrected by pointing out he shoots small game, "varmints, if you will" (http://tinyurl.com/3cpx66). Jon Stewart correctly pointed out that "if you will" is not a phrase that sounds natural when paired with "varmints".

Now, when questioned about the former Mormon practice of taking multiple wives, Romney points out it is long abandoned, though necessary at one time for survival, which is fine, except he adds: "I can't imagine anything more awful than polygamy." (http://tinyurl.com/yqyw3t)

Really, Romney? Polygamy is the most awful thing you can imagine? Admittedly. I've never met your wife, so maybe your idea of multiple wives is substantially worse than mine. Still, I don't think my wife would appreciate me sharing the thought that more than one of her is the most awful thing I can imagine. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few things more awful than polygamy, and one would think a Christian could name at least one thing. C'mon Romney, two wives or nailed to a cross to die: which is more awful?

But seriously Mitt, you were doing fine until that point. Learn when to shut up and stop trying so hard.



CateGoogles: political_silliness
Mood = unimpressed

Labels:

Mitt Romney needs to learn when to stop talking


4 Comments:

  1. Romney's chicks
    "Mitt's kind of women"
    http://hammer2006.blogspot.com/2007/05/romneys-chicks-phoenix-excerpt-mitts.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2007 10:20:00 AM
     

  2. I am going to go ahead and guess that your wife would not be offended by the fact that you did not want to be a polygamist, even if you used hyperbole when saying so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2007 10:52:00 AM
     

  3. When did I say I didn't want to be a polygamist? I wasn't planning on it, but certainly I can imagine things more awful than that.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 5/15/2007 11:10:00 AM
     

  4. You want to be a polygamist? Or should you just learn when to shut up?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2007 06:39:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive