Monday, June 26, 2006


[+/-] show/hide text

Lest anyone assume I've been slacking off on this project (which I have, but you still shouldn't assume), I spent a few hours this weekend refining the dial interface. First, I made an actual dial graphic that rotates with the cursor. Second, I made the rotational direction useful, clockwise to increase, counter-clockwise to decrease. I borrowed code and inspiration from Jog-Shuttle Dial to get this done. While the JSD uses positioned layers for the dials, this looked impractical for my purpose. I use an image map and swapped dial images instead.

The next step will be to recode the interface to integrate the new dial control. And while I'm at it, I should modify a version for southpaws too. Noticed my interface has a distinctly right-handed design and I seem to recall that Hugh Sung, who motivated this venture, is a leftie. Would be a shame if he got left out (pun intended).

Rollover Link in Ink Generator Update


0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home




    Archive