Thursday, July 28, 2005

As I sort through the mountain of crap I need to move to my new apartment, I run across old files and records and decide if they are worth keeping. As I do this, my mind runs through a vision of a nearly paperless future, one that replaces fifty pounds of paper with a single optical disk. No more wirebound journals. No sketchpads. No loose pages in varying states of wear. Just a short stack of discs with digital copies of everything I will ever write or draw with redundant backups so I will never worry about losing data again. Paperless future, here I come.

I Will Not Miss Paper


1 Comments:

  1. Oh God, you're soooo right! I moved out of my mother's house a few months ago, for the first time. I never thought that anyone could accumulate so much paper in such a small room. Yeah, I've had 25 years of accumulating. Still...
    My father has already begun that same battle against paper. Anything that he's registered on paper and is important he's scanning with high resolution and recycling.
    It's the future, it's got to be! Then we wouldn't have to worry about forests being destroyed for paper that get's thrown out sooner or later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/10/2006 02:22:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive