Sunday, September 09, 2007



Nope, I haven't put together a video demo of Build 52 (http://sumocat.blogspot.com/2007/07/build-52-v2-beta-is-online.html) (yet), but Michael Penman at The Hallel Report (http://thehallelreport.blogspot.com/) has. While the actual process takes a while, writing and all, Michael has his material prepared, so the video moves along swimmingly. He composes in OneNote, while I use Windows Journal, but the broad strokes are the same, so to speak. If you have a few minutes, check it out at his blog (http://thehallelreport.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-do-you-think-about-how-i-blog-in_09.html).



CateGoogles: Build 52
Ink Blogging
Mood = excited

Labels: ,

A video demo of Build 52


4 Comments:

  1. hey sumocat i was wondering where you got your template. it's very cool i don't want to copy it entirely, but i would like to know how you got that handwriting font on! hit me back if you want.

    By Blogger Pearl, at 9/09/2007 10:43:00 PM
     

  2. Sumo, this is most excellent. The video explains the process in adequate detail, but I get the impression after watching him that he takes a bit of a prosaic path to arrive at his goal. Are there any ways that you differ with him that are perhaps more efficient?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2007 01:17:00 AM
     

  3. Pearl: It's a custom template. Made it myself, as is the "font", which is not a font but my own handwriting. You are welcome to emulate the style and borrow whatever elements you want, but it's not a copy-and-paste type of template.

    Timbo: Keep in mind that Michael was presenting the process, so the pacing was slower and showed more backtracking than normal. However, one time-saving difference is that I have my hyperlinks open in tabs in the browser for pasting into Build 52, while Michael went to OneNote to get them. Also, he uses a different app to post his entries while I use Blogger's browser-based interface. I really need to get my own video going.

    By Blogger Sumocat, at 9/10/2007 08:51:00 AM
     

  4. Thanks for igging up my blog and the video, Mark I really appreciate the very kind and positive feedback you have left concerning the video.
    Timo is right you do need to make your own video.
    You ink blogging is realy not for someone who wants to make quick posts and is contentcentric. I blog in ink because I am very much concerned with aesthetics, maybe more so than content. I have discerned that many do content, and will always do it better, but I feel like I give my reader a break from that. When they come to my log they get a lttle content and a unique hopefully engaging presentation. just my thinking.

    By Blogger Makalani, at 9/10/2007 03:34:00 PM
     

Post a Comment

<< Home




Archive